Monday, February 28, 2011

Always expect the unexpected

One should always expect the unexpected when you have a well organized afternoon planned that will allow you to get many things done in an orderly manner. That was my afternoon in a nutshell. However, it became a quagmire of additional activities from which I could not escape. What happened? An accident. Pick-up truck with plow backed into the front of the car while I waited for him to finish his plowing...when he didn't stop backing up I blew my horn. When he stopped and got out of the truck he was surprised. I said something stupid about not hearing me (maybe he was on his mobile) or maybe he never looked back (I suspect that this was also true). Rather than finishing my errands and getting home before 4:00 pm it was closer to 6:00 and now I have a well-deserved Manhattan on the table in front of me. Tomorrow we will take the car to be repaired before we start our trip.

On the other front, Dee and Paul had their own excitement as well. Broken filling yet to be dealt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment